Each month we’re emailing “Eye Byte Bits” – a quick share from our experience in design, web, interactive and social media.
WEB USABILITY: Locate
Locate: To use a website, people have to find it first.
A visitor to your website needs to easily…
- Locate your organization via popular search engines such as Google and Yahoo.
- Enter keywords in search queries and find your site due to unique title tags for each web page.
- Load and view website on multiple browsers such as Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari.
- Know quickly what your website is about because content has keyword-headers and sub-headers geared for target audience.
- Select from a variety of search engine friendly URLs
Ex) www.your-site.com/products versus
For a self-assessment with feedback of your organization, check out Website Wizard – a tool developed by Eye Byte Solutions for our client Campaign Consultation, Inc.
You can get this content in a newsletter sent directly to you…if you don’t already subscribe, make sure to sign up to receive this once a month newsletter with design tips!